Monday 25 June 2012

Wimbledon- Day 1 Picks

With Wimbledon starting tomorrow I'm going to give my predictions for the first day's action. On Centre Court tomorrow we have three matches as Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova and Thomas Berdych open their accounts. Djokovic faces Juan Carlos Ferrero in what should be an entertaining match. Ferrero has the ability to beat Novak but I think at his age he won't have it in him to win three sets. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a set but if not I expect three very tight sets going to Djokovic. Sharapova should be a convincing winner in her match with Rodionova and I expect Berdych to beat Gulbis. Gulbis has got ability but Berdych has taken too much of a step forward to go backwards now. Court 1 looks to be a very interesting schedule with Nalbandian and Tipsarevic opening up before Federer takes on Albert Ramos. Kim Clijsters and Jelena Jankovic are the last game on court. I would expect Federer and Clijsters to win their matches but the other game is tough. Nalbandian may be unseeded but he is very capable of beating Tipsarevic. I would gove a slight nod to Nalbandian to win it to try make up for his disqualification at Queens. Another court worth watching is Court 2 where Radwanska and Venus Williams should both open their campaigns with wins. Stakhovsky is one who might beat the 28th seed Stepanek and young Olly Golding will fancy his chances of beating Igor Andreev which would be a major shock.
            In terms of betting the only real way to make money is with accumulators and they can be tricky to get right. The odds for the top players are very short so often it takes up to 15 players to make a worthwhile accum. Tomorrow I think there might be value in the matches taking place.Of the best value odds tomorrow there are a few I would look at. Fabio Fognini has been in good form in recent weeks and he is 7/4 to beat Michael Llodra tomorrow which is a very good bet. Nalbandian is 11/10 to beat Tipsarevic tomorrow also with the Serb at 4/6. With some bookies refunding losing 5th set bets both of those matches are worth a bet. Gilles Muller has played well here before and is evens to beat Benneteau which for me is terrific value. Ryan Harrison is just 4/6 to beat Yen Hsun Lu which is great odds to me, I think Harrison will win that one comfortably. A nice four part bet of Harrison, Muller, Clijsters and Stakhovsky pays around 11/1 which might be worth a small bet. A more safe bet would be to include the bigger names and the best I could find out of those would be Djokovic, Sharapova, Berdych, Federer, Gasquet, Verdasco, Radwanska, McHale, Isner, Kirilenko, Petzschner, Mahut, Venus Williams, Li and Stosur pays out around 3/1 which is a very good price and I think is a safe bet.
          For some more value I think the closer matches are the ones to watch. Picking three or four close matches will pay better price than picking fifteen certain matches. Flavio Cipolla, Tsvetana Pironkova, Melanie Oudin, Petra Cetkovska, Andrea Seppi and Steve Darcis as a six part accumulator pays around 7/1 which again is a very nice price.
          So those are some of my tips for tomorrow's matches. As the day goes on keep an eye on my facebook page where I will be giving some individual match betting tips. Also anybody who wants to give their opinions on the matches feel free to post them on the page which can be found at Facebook.com/AmateurSportsJournalism. Good luck with the tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment